Now Hiring: Veterinary Technician
If you like variety, then Research Boulevard Pet & Bird Hospital is the place for you!
We are a busy five doctor veterinary practice in Northwest Austin. We serve both domestic (dog, cat) and exotic pets (reptiles, birds, small mammals). We offer wellness, diagnostic, and emergency services. We are always on the lookout for experienced veterinary technicians to join our team! Please visit our website for more information.
Assisting veterinarians with performing diagnostics (i.e. examinations, radiology, ultrasonography, blood work, fecal analysis, urinalysis, etc.) and treatments (i.e. vaccinations, medications, fluid therapy, surgery, critical care, etc.) on all types of animals. Client communication and education.
- At least 1 year experience as a veterinary technician/assistant
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Frequent standing, kneeling, bending, walking, grasping and lifting (up to 40lbs) without help or injury to themselves
- Follows directions well
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills; written and verbal
- Fast learner
- Team player
- Honest and friendly
- Flexible work schedule; including nights and weekends
- Experience with AviMark
- Registered LVT
- Exotic animal handling experience
- Starts at $13.00 to $14.00 per hour (depending on experience)
- Eligible for a pay increase after a 90-day introductory period