Now Hiring: Veterinary Technician Assistant
We’re looking for the staff “glue” that holds us all together – is that you?
We are a busy five doctor veterinary practice in Northwest Austin. We serve both domestic (dog, cat) and exotic pets (reptiles, birds, small mammals). We offer wellness, diagnostic, and emergency services. We are always on the lookout for eligible technician assistants to join our team! Please visit our website for more information.
Assisting veterinary technicians with handling/restraining patients, posting charges, and making estimates. Cleaning, organizing, and restocking of exam rooms, treatment area, kennels and surgery area. Walking dogs, offering clean litter boxes to cats, and offering fresh food and water to applicable patients.
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Frequent standing, kneeling, bending, walking, grasping and lifting (up to 40lbs) without help or injury to themselves
- Follows directions well
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills; written and verbal
- Fast learner
- Team player
- Honest and friendly
- Flexible work schedule; including nights and weekends
- At least 6 months of animal handling experience
- Starts at $9.00 to $10.00 per hour (depending on experience)
- Eligible for a pay increase after a 90-day introductory period
- Potential to move up in the hospital available