Research Pet and Bird Hospital is Austin’s full-service veterinary hospital. With our state-of-the-art equipment and our highly trained staff, we provide complete medical and surgical care for dogs, cats, birds, ferrets, rabbits, reptiles, and many other small pet species. We provide emergency and critical care for your critters.
For most of us, few things in life are as satisfying as the loving companionship that we receive from our pets. A major focus of our practice is to increase not only the length of your pet’s life, but more importantly, the quality of their life. With this in mind, the best visit for your pet is a wellness visit to thoroughly examine for subtle disease or discuss preventative measures that can be taken to prolong the life and happiness of your pet.
Some of the services that we offer include:
- Physical Examinations and custom vaccination plan based on your pet’s risks
- Complete Medical Care, including advanced diagnostic and treatment options
- Complete Surgical Care, including fracture repair, and cruciate repair
- Dentistry including professional cleaning and polishing, treatment of severe infections in dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hedgehogs, sugar gliders,rats, mice, and hamsters. Digital dental radiography is essential in performing a thorough exam.
- Emergency and Critical Care
- Routine testing for intestinal parasites (worms), heartworms. Preventative medications for both heartworms and intestinal parasites.
- Ultrasound and Endoscopy
- Clinical Laboratory Testing
- Digital Radiology (x-rays)
- Boarding for all species, dogs, cats, and birds.
- Baths, nail trims.
- Nutritional counseling
- CT Scan
- Husbandry counseling
- Boarding for pets (medications and treatments are no problem for our trained technicians)
- Fully stocked pharmacy and pet care products such as Heartgard, Advantage Multi, Harrison’s bird foods, Zupreem, Hill’s, and Royal Canin.